kirkkittell.com > The Beauty of Lies

11 March 2008

Desi space scientists

The Beauty of Lies has moved to KirkKittell.com (Subscribe to the RSS feed). This post has been copied to http://kirkkittell.com/2008/03/11/desi-space-scientists.


(Courtesy: NASAWatch) A desi friend mentioned to me that this is also an indicator that they don't want to go home: 36% of scientists at NASA are Indians. I don't know, I've lived in the US my entire life, save for a few months in France and Spain, and I have no inkling of what it would be like to really leave my homeland. Regarding the statistic, it would be interesting to know if this counts Indian-born scientists only, or if it also includes children of Indian parents, even if they were born and raised in the US. I have no problem with the trend; in fact, there's a certain desi engineer who I wish they'd hire at NASA Johnson Space Center...