kirkkittell.com > The Beauty of Lies

11 March 2008

Finite Element, WEFT Sessions - (3) Under the Steps; (4) Don't Believe It; (5) Pull the Knife



I'm delinquent on posting. Again. Surprise. Well, I've actually posted a few without notifying you, my rabid fans, who crave every electronic bit that I throw to the blog; in other words: hi, Mom and Pradeep.

Anyway, I've posted three songs in the past two or so weeks from my past band's foray into live radio music at WEFT Sessions on 1 December 2003. Download them here:



You want notes about the songs? Here's a brief, then I'll rely on Sunil and Kevin in the comments. "Under the Steps" is a song about Sunil's cat. Seriously. This is one of my favorite things about playing with Sunil: he wasn't going to write a bunch of sappy love songs; he wrote about the things in his life that had meaning. So, it sounds weak to consider a song about a guy's cat, but it was a good song, and a good story.

What do I know about "Don't Believe It" and "Pull the Knife"... not much. It was fun to play "Don't Believe It" on WEFT because it was the first time I played live on my new fretless bass. That made the slow transitions more interesting, full. "Pull the Knife" was the newest addition to our repertoire as of 1 December 2003. It's not a bad rendition, maybe a little stiff, but I think it was one of Sunil's best songs.

For all songs from WEFT Sessions, 1 Dec 2003, see the posts with the label: WEFT Sessions 1 December 2003