kirkkittell.com > The Beauty of Lies

22 March 2008

Photos from New Delhi, Dec 2005



I visited India for three weeks in December 2005 and January 2006. The time I spent there was outstanding -- it was my first opportunity to spend an appreciable amount of time with Megha, and her family were very excellent hosts. (Granted, she and I weren't an item then, and I don't think I would have visited like that if we were, but that's a song from a different opera.) Also, further down the tracks, I met some friends that I had known online only, and I also met with one of my classmates from Illinois -- Palash Basu -- and his family.

One day, when I finish writing it, you should read the book about my trip (Train Cancellation Party). In the meantime, I'm going to do what I like to do: post the photos on a map that shows where they were taken. It takes some time to merge the two elements -- the Google Earth placemarks and the photos -- so I'm going to do it in batches: (1) New Delhi; (2) Agra; (3) Chandigarh; (4) Allahabad; (5) Kolkata; (6) Ambala.

If you're impatient and want to see the placemarks and the photos in separate states:


Photos from the Red Fort in New Delhi
If it's hard to see the photos in the window below -- and don't forget to click the icons to see them... -- open it in a larger map




As always, if you use Google Earth and download the network link file for this trip to your My Places, your placemarks will automatically be updated when I add photos to the rest of the trip.