kirkkittell.com > The Beauty of Lies

18 March 2008

Phoenix, May 2007

The Beauty of Lies has moved to KirkKittell.com (Subscribe to the RSS feed). This post has been copied to http://kirkkittell.com/2008/03/18/phoenix-may-2007.


I'm long, long, long overdue on making a post about my wonderful girlfriend, Megha. But, to be fair, I was trying to give her anonymity as long as I could; just because I like to write in public doesn't mean everyone else wants to be dragged along for the ride. So, we'll see how this goes...

Back in May 2007, the project I was working on for Orbital Sciences Corporation was primarily based at the facility in Chandler, Arizona, just south of Phoenix. During one of the weekends I was there, I flew Megha from Florida to Arizona for a visit. I'm a bit of a desert rat, so it was an interesting opportunity to show her something new to her, and something that I enjoyed. (And let's not overlook that fact that it's just nice to see her, in general.)

So, the map you see below is three things:

  1. Some of the places I went with Megha -- restaurants in the Phoenix metro area; a weekend trip to the red rock region near Sedona

  2. Business-type placemarks, such as where Orbital is located in Chandler

  3. A few placemarks that show where I met Aaron (of protoforge.org) in Phoenix, plus old university friends in Las Vegas for Chris's bachelor party




View Larger Map

The original files are located on my wiki:

  • The static file, which is nice if you want to view the placemarks in Google Maps: link

  • The network link file, for Google Earth users (this will be updated automatically when I update the static file): link