kirkkittell.com > The Beauty of Lies

12 March 2008

Finite Element, WEFT Sessions - (6) Behind Your Eyes



Download it here: (06) Behind Your Eyes

This is an upbeat song, but a sad song. I remember that after leaving WEFT, we went to Kevin's apartment to play with the recording that Mike the studio engineer gave us. (Did I mention Mike was awesome? Mike was awesome.) In between songs at WEFT, it was my job as the shameless talkative guy to introduce songs and chatter. I remember introducing this song as being about a girl in a car accident, which is what I thought it was about. Rather clearly at Kevin's apartment, I remember Sunil correcting me and informing me that it was a song he wrote about his mom dying of cancer. So, if you needed any proof that I am the biggest jerk of all time, here's another example.

For all songs from WEFT Sessions, 1 Dec 2003, see the posts with the label: WEFT Sessions 1 December 2003